Thursday 22 May 2008

Aberconwy MIND


As some people probably know I completed my basic counselling course at Llandrillo College about a couple of months now. I think I'll be getting an interview for the intermediate course next month, though I haven't got the official ok. To help me get on this course, where every applicant is highly scrutinised and it's really tough to get on it, I have been a volunteer for Aberconwy MIND for the last 4 or 5 weeks. I only do a couple of hours on Monday and Wednesday mornings and I help out by talking to the members, and listening to what they have to say. It is surprising how effective giving attention and conversing can be to a person. I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will continue to help out as much as I can. The drop in centre has an open door policy (anyone can walk in no questions asked) and is located above the Alice in Wonderland museum on Trinity Square.

No comments: