Saturday 29 September 2007

My Cricketing heroics!


I was rumaging through trying to look for a birth certificate of Simon's today and found this clipping from, I think, The Cambrian News. It was around 1978 if I remember correctly, and I'm quite proud of it. It certainly made me think that I could be successful in cricket, but it wasn't to be. What was remarkable about our team is that we had on average about 4 school kids playing regularly. I was 15, Aled and Ian were 13, and Ian's brother Wyn was 12! I really enjoyed my time with the team and because of Blaenau's notorious weather, we hardly played home games! I can remember playing once that season at Dolawel! The team pulled out of the league the following season because of lack of funds due to the fact that we could not stage any home games!

The scorecard image will enlarge when double clicked.


No comments: